Holy cow is it Mid June already? Time flies when you are having fun settling into a new house. I’ve finally achieved my dream of having my own compost pile, and I’ve got my ‘We Go Bagless’ sign from the city on my lawn! Still getting used to the quiet of not living in Downtown Edmonton. I’m excited for those bike lanes though! Bring on the Edmonton Bike Freeway for us ‘not quite in the core’ commuters!
It’s been busy at WiBand too! Here are some of the trends that I noticed in May:
1. Most popular Package – 50mbps down/10mbps upload with Unlimited Data. While this is by no means our starter package, it was my most popular amongst my new clients. This also comes with 5 Static IP Addresses!
2. Biggest project – Bonding two 200mbps download/200mbps upload connections. For this customer, they would be getting 400mbps download/400mbps upload speeds between the 2 redundant links, with an automatic failover in between. That means if 1 link gets cut, all the traffic is automatically routed to the other link. No disruption between the two. This client has a data centre, so having maximum uptime is mission critical to their business.
3. Firewalls – With the Wannacry attack in May, lots of business and organizations are taking a good look at their firewalls to make sure it has the tools to defend against threats. One thing I’ve been reminding most people is you can also prioritize voice traffic and filter content, in order to maintain maximum bandwith for business applications. At least you can if your Firewall is updated!
4. June Business Goals
- Blog more ( you should see at least 2 more blog posts this month).
- Get out to network more. I’ve already been to a couple events but i’m on a keen lookout for others. I’ll gladly take suggestions too!
5. OH i almost forgot! I’ve signed back up for Twitter, so feel free to give me a follow at twitter.com/colininedmonton I’ll be posting pretty much everything I do ( from Wiband Internet stuff, to artwork and Podcast things) plus other nonsense! Best of all? My Twitter will be 100% POLITICS FREE.
Have questions about anything above, or would like to talk about improving your business internet/network? Drop me a line and I’d be happy do a consultation with you.